turning point

It's been two years since I posted my last photo on Instagram.


Before 2021, posting my photos and activities on my Instagram account had another purpose than just keeping them as memories. I want to show off the life that I live. I was feeling proud of all of my life. Enjoying the comments and compliments make me happy, even just for a second.


I posted my activities almost every week, from work to family matters.. I checked the number of my viewers, opened the notifications every time, scrolled the social media for over 2-3 hours a day, lost in endless viral things, and then I felt exhausted.


I was tired and realized I had wasted my precious time for nothing. I even was being a viewer and a follower of someone's life and achievements because I opened their updates every day. The thing that I regret most.. I didn't make any progress in my self-development.


Another reason that makes me stopped to share is.. I realize that not everyone wants to know and see my activities because there was no benefit for them.  Sometimes, social media brings so many negative impacts on mental health, considering people will compare their lives with others by seeing pictures on social media, especially regarding wealth and fortune. 


I cut off my bad habit and have been trying to build a good one. I want to make my life meaningful by giving my best in every phase of this life. I want to build and achieve my own dreams, instead of being a participant in someone's success. I want to pursue my goals. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment