A year ago, after being promoted to Analyst, I was also appointed as ad interim head of the administration subdivision. So, for a year, I did two job responsibilities: as an Analyst for whistleblowing reports related to fraudulence activities and as head of the administration subdivision in my department.
Acting as head of the administration subdivision was my first experience. I've never done a job related to the administration activities, such as managing the department budget, target and performance, human resources, and assets. In this position, I also have three subordinates who help me to accomplish administrative jobs.
Actually, the assignment for the interim job ended on October 31st. I felt happy the moment I finished these dual jobs due to the heavy and too much workload I handled. But, on the other hand, I also felt sad because it was an excellent opportunity to experience a new job.
Surprisingly, two weeks before the due date, my bosses asked my opinion on what if I got rotated from Analyst to become the definitive head of the administration subdivision. At that time, I answered with a vague position. However, I know my boss's decision was for my department's sake because we never had a head of administration subdivision for seven years.
And now, as of November 1st 2022, I've become the head of the administration subdivision. A new position, a new chapter of my job career. I will do my best. Bismillahirahmanirahim, may Allah SWT guide me for every step that I take. Aamiin.

0 comments:
Post a Comment