Living in the present

A couple of days ago, I read a great book.


This book explained two strong feelings that trapped many of us: regret and anxiety. I immediately hooked on this book since the topics were so related to me. 


Based on that book, regret is a bad feeling about something we wish we had done differently, and anxiety is worrying about uncertainty in the future. We focused on the past and the future so that we didn't become mindful of the present. 


Just before I read that book, my mind was full of the things that worried me.


Instead of regretting something, I usually worry about the future. I overthink the target that I already set up. I think too much about the obstacles that will come. I fear something uncontrollable could happen. 



https://unsplash.com/photos/oyBxvFU3SJI?utm_source=unsplash&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=creditShareLink


Even though it's only been two days, this book has changed my mindset. I feel more relieved and more focused on the present. I live for now and want to live life to the fullest. It's only like switching the button into the zen mode. And it makes me feel like I understand myself more deeply.


I really enjoy this feeling. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment