Everything is an illusion

When I watched the third round of the presidential candidate debate last night, I immediately looked for netizen's comments and reactions through social media. 


The thing that made me realise for a moment was even though we watched and heard the same information from the candidates, the perceptions and perspectives on analyzing candidates' answers were different.


I think this condition is also related to every aspect of our life. For example, when our bosses, workmates, family, and even an acquaintance tell or say something.. We assume the information and mix it with our perception of the speaker.


Even though we always use our best assumptions to analyze the information, it can be right or wrong. Our perception is always biased. Everything can deceive us.


Again.. I need to remind myself. To share the facts only and keep the assumption for myself.


Since..

We see what we want to see. 
We hear what we want to hear. 
We do what we want to do until we attain enlightenment. Afterwards, we ascertain what we see. we listen carefully to what we hear and we act with guidance from the heart. -Steve Mitskavich-

0 comments:

Post a Comment